Many Ways to Give
Your contribution shares fresh, nutritious, and culturally relevant food with families who need meals on the table. Together we are building a stronger food system!
Become a Monthly Nourisher
Sign up for automatic monthly giving and fight hunger every day! The pandemic, inflation, and socio political events recently have meant local food needs are skyrocketing. Your sustained gift will help meet urgent food needs.
Donate by Phone or Mail
Donate online or:
- Call The Food Group at 763-450-3860 to give by credit card.
- Mail a check. Send checks payable to The Food Group at 8501 54th Avenue North, New Hope, MN, 55428.
Make a Qualified IRA Distribution
Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA (individual retirement account) to The Food Group. QCDs can satisfy your required minimum distributions for the year, as long as certain rules are met.
Contact your IRA plan administrator to make the gift. The Food Group is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization under IRS code 501 (c)(3), EIN #41-1246504.
Giving stock is an efficient and effective way to make lasting support toward hunger relief and our food system. Consult your financial advisor to learn about tax advantages.
Stock can be transferred directly to The Food Group’s broker. Provide your broker with this information:
Advisor Net Financial
Account: The Food Group Minnesota
Account Number: 4N2869010
The Food Group’s Broker:
Advisor Net Financial
Email: Max Opheim
Please notify The Food Group of your transfer to ensure we properly acknowledge your donation. We need your name, mailing address, type of stock and number of shares.
Plan a Legacy Gift
A planned gift is a meaningful way to leave your legacy and make a significant gift that will fight hunger and nourish our community…for many years to come. To plan your lasting impact, you can:
- Access FreeWill, a free online estate planning tool. Grow your legacy for causes you care about.
- Leave a bequest to The Food Group in your personal Will or trust. Here is sample legal language: [“I ________ give to The Food Group Minnesota, 8501 54th Avenue North, New Hope, MN, 55428 EIN #41-1246504, _____ percent of my estate, or the sum of _____ dollars, or the remainder of my estate.”]
- Make The Food Group a beneficiary of a brokerage account, IRA account, 401(k), insurance policy, or annuity. You can simply add “The Food Group Minnesota” as a beneficiary to your account or complete this form from our partners at FreeWill to designate The Food Group as a beneficiary of your non-probate asset.
We would appreciate hearing from you if you are planning to make a legacy gift to The Food Group. If you’ve already planned your gift for The Food Group and would like to inform us, please complete this form.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Ohme, Senior Development Officer-Individual Giving
Donate Bulk Product
We accept bulk donations of nutritious foods and household products. Giving close-dated, surplus, discontinued, or seasonal products reduces waste and feeds people in our community.
Your donation is distributed to our food access (food shelf) partners at no cost. Read more about bulk donations.
Questions about giving?
Email Laura Mirafuentes or call 763.450.4209
Privacy & Security
When you give to The Food Group, your personal information will be secure and will not be shared. The Food Group does not sell, rent, trade or share donor information.
The Food Group keeps a record of your giving history so that we can thank you, send you receipts, and inform you about news, events, and giving opportunities. Donor information is kept in a secure database. Online donations are secure and deposited directly. The Food Group will publicly acknowledge your donation in its annual report unless you explicitly request that your gift be anonymous.