Sweet and spiced, baby.
Five uses for homemade applesauce: Snack (hello?), sauce with pork or chicken, swirled in with yogurt, topping for pancakes and waffles, or as a sweet, spiced side dish!
- 3 lbs apples cored, skin on, cut in quarters
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- Add apples, cinnamon, and water to the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- For chunky applesauce, use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash apples to the desired consistency. For smooth applesauce, use a blender.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
*If apples are tart, add 1 tablespoon of a sweetener like cane sugar, brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
You must be logged in to post a comment.