Dare we say it’s perfect for fall?
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cans 15oz each coconut milk
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 5 cups cooked rice or grain ~2.5 cups dry
- Spices like turmeric coriander, ground ginger, cayenne, and cilantro.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add curry, cinnamon, salt and other spices to the pot and cook for one minute.
- Stir in coconut milk then add butternut squash and tomatoes and
- Simmer on low heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until the squash can be easily pierced with a fork. Serve over cooked rice.
- TIP: Try serving over cooked potato cubes, brown rice, quinoa, millet, or your favorite whole grain.