It’s nearly a Minestrone, right?
Garden Veggie & Grain Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 carrots
- 3 ribs celery
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup quinoa or rice uncooked
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen spinach or desired greens
- Mince garlic, dice onion, and saute in olive oil over medium-low heat until onions are soft.
- Wash carrots and celery then slice into 1/4-inch pieces. Add carrot and celery to the pot and continue to sauté until soft (~ 5 min).
- Rinse quinoa or rice. Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Add quinoa, kidney beans, diced tomatoes (with juices), basil, oregano, smoked paprika, and pepper to the pot.
- Mix in vegetable broth and water. Cover pot and turn heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in spinach or desired greens until heated through. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve hot and enjoy!