Here’s the tea: peppers, onion, and zucchini.
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2/3 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 2/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 corn or whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (try cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack)
- Cooking oil or spray
- Sauté chopped peppers, zucchini, squash, and onions in olive oil on a skillet over medium heat for 8 minutes until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Over medium heat, lightly coat the same skillet with oil.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/8 cup of cheese evenly over half the tortilla. Layer with 1/2 cup of vegetables and another 1/8 cup of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half and cover the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden on both sides.
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Serve hot with your favorite sides—salsa, guacamole, lime, and cilantro.
Stay up-to-date with The Food Group